Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, September 22, 2005

34 weeks 6 days


I know it’s been awhile since I last posted and I feel bad about it. But things have been absolutely crazy at work and I haven’t had even a few minutes to write something. I am trying to pass all my projects to the new girl and at the same time trying to finish some things before I leave. Yesterday by 7 pm I was so tired I started timing contractions and they were coming every 10 minutes. It lasted for over an hour, until I decided I needed to go home and rest.

Anyway, there isn’t much to say really. We have another wedding this Saturday but other than that it should be a calm weekend. The other bathroom we’re remodelling should be done today, but they have been saying that for the last 2 and ½ months so I’m not too confident about it. The man who’s doing the remodelling is practically family now (reminds me of the painter in Murphy Brown) and R has become good friends with him. I guess we’ll miss him when he’s gone (not really).

On the pregnancy front everything is as it should be. I feel huge, though I’ve only gained 17.5 lbs so far, which is about half of what I gained with R. And I’m tired, especially because I wake up to go pee every hour or so (not kidding). I keep wondering how on earth I was able to do this with double the weight gain. I don’t remember being this tired.
I’m going to be 35 weeks tomorrow and there’s still no date for Zé Maria’s surgery. I’m passed the stage when I was stressed out about it. There’s not much I can do so I arranged things for the event that we should both be at the hospital at the same time. If it happens, we’re prepared and we’ll live. My BIL, on the other hand, is getting really anxious about it, so I wish they would schedule it already, for his sake.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Ten minutes apart?

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Yes, 10 minutes apart. Last night was even worse though, and I almost went to the hospital. But it seems to have calmed down for now.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Do you know anyone who still isn't married? You seem to go to a LOT of weddings! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home