Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pregnancy Babble


I had an ultrasound yesterday, at 30 weeks and 6 days. Everything is looking great and the baby is measuring just slightly below the 50th percentile, which is a little bigger than what he’s sister measured in all the ultrasounds. He moved a lot and we got some really nice pictures, and we confirmed once again that he is definitely a boy.

My sister had an ultrasound yesterday too, at 29 weeks and 5 days, and it went great as well. I met her there as she was leaving and I was coming in and she looked great. Her baby is already as big as mine, even though she is one week behind, which places him in the 50/75th percentile. She told me I’m starving my baby with my obsession not to gain too much weight, but she’s just jealous because she’s gained more than I did.

Tomorrow I have my first session with the osteopath for the back pain. I have good days and bad days and sometimes I’m lying on the couch or on the bed and I can’t even get up. Yesterday I even cried when I tried to get up from the couch and I know it’s going to get worse if I don’t do something about it. My OB recommended this osteopath who is used to working with pregnant women. Lets hope she is as good as my doctor says she is.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ohh I hope this doctor helps your back pain. I will be interested to see what he says!!

    Glad your home and getting your routine back! Your pictures were incredible!

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    You look lovely in the belly pic and your vacation sounds fabulous. Also, I sure hope the osteopath can help with you back pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home