Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Nesting - Part II


We’re finally painting the bathroom. One of the bathrooms we remodelled during the summer was painted in white so that we would later decide what to do.
It is a social bathroom (no bath, in fact) and the floor and counter are in red stone. So we thought about using wall paper but couldn’t find any we liked and finally decided to paint red, beige and silver stripes. It sounds weird but it will turn out beautiful… I hope.
So yesterday we spent the entire evening drawing the stripes with a ruler and pencil. It was past 1 am when we finished and you can imagine how my back was hurting after hours sitting under the counter drawing stripes. Why must we do the complicated stuff when I’m 32 weeks pregnant?
Today we’ll start the real painting, which will take a few days since we have to paint one colour at a time, and wait for it to dry before starting a new colour. I promise to post pictures when it’s over.

We have also set up the bassinet in our room, all of R’s old clothes that are usable have been washed and folded and I’ve already bought a few new things. I think there’s a good chance that everything will be ready by the time Zé Maria has his surgery.

Tomorrow is my OB appointment.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    WOW.. sounds awesome girl! We want pictures of all the work done.

    I think you have more energy than an alley cat. My goodness girl.. ahve you ever heard of resting???

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    You should win some kind of prize! That is like nesting to the n-th power! Can't wait to see the results....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home