Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, September 09, 2005

Daddy's girl... and yet more nesting.


So we started painting the bathroom yesterday. The idea was to go slowly and take 2 or 3 days to paint each colour but of course we ended up painting all the beige stripes and went to bed past 1 am again. I also cut the fabric to make a round table cloth for a small round table we bought for M’s room. Let me tell you, cutting a round table cloth is not easy. Once we finish the bathroom I will sew the hem on that, which should also be a handful. But hey, I’m not complaining… yet.

This morning Zé Maria went to donate blood and I had to take R to school alone. For the first time since school started this year she did not cry her eyes out. In fact, she gave me a kiss and a hug and just went in the room and didn’t even look back. I’ve been trying to tell Zé Maria he is the disturbing factor here, he spoils her too much and she is much more clingy and dependent when he is around. I think I just proved my point this morning. I called him and made him admit she is a daddy’s girl and he is to blame if she becomes a spoiled brat.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    You tough-hearted woman, you! Still rather terrible at taking things easy, as I see. And you sew?? Aninhas lavores, :DDDDDD! Good for you, I am terrible at everything hausfrau-related. EVERYTHING. I'd offer to help w the painting but am allergic to the stupid smell and get a headache and high temperature shortly after. My living-room and bedroom desperately need to be repainted and I am too scared to do it bcs it means probable temporary relocation. Meh.

    Can't make it tomorrow, surprise. Im and I leaving for the beach house tonight. You and I are doomed to never meet, OY! NEXT WEEK FOR SURE, how abt that?

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh good grief, you do NOT owe a sewing machine now do you?? That'd be absolutely... fada-do-lar-like!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Even if you could help paint, the bathroom is already too small for Zé Maria and I to be in it together without me getting paint in my hair - MY HAIR!! But thanks anyway.
    And no, I do not own a sewing machine so it's all by hand. I have become a pro at it though, because for some reason my daughter likes fabric-made dolls instead of plastic ones and those get torn all the time. So guess who sews them before she has the time to throw a tamtrum?

    Have fun at the beach house. And next week is great, I have every evenning free.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Old American song from the 60's - Daddy's Girl. OK, not American and not old enough anyway, but it probably fits.
    Or should I be complimenting on the stripes?
    Please post shots so we can see. My wife just redid our little bathroom, don't know if the camera can get far enough back but I'll try - good idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home