Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, August 29, 2005

Nesting


We had a very busy weekend. We went to Ikea and bought some new things for the house, like shelves and stuff like that, and spent a great part of the weekend doing all sort of things around the house to get it all cleaned up and ready for the baby. We also went through the rest of R’s old clothes (we had started it last Monday) and separated what we can use for M and what will go back in the boxes. We set up the bassinet in our room and took out the bottles, breast pump, sterilizer, etc.
It’s an amazing thing, this “nesting instinct” or whatever they call it. I’m tired, I have terrible back pain and my feet are swollen but I still have this irresistible urge to do things around the house and have everything ready. I guess in a way I’m trying to make up for the time we spent away from home.

I’m 31 weeks and 3 days today and I’m still feeling pretty well, apart from the back pain. The swelling seems to be more or less under control and limited to my feet. I’m still wearing my wedding ring, which I had to stop wearing at 27 weeks with R, and I’m still wearing my regular shoes. This pregnancy is being much less hard on me than the other one was and I’m so thankful for it.

On the work front (yes, people, I do still remember to come to work and actually do some work once in a while) things are getting complicated. We have a major project entering a decisive phase and I need to give it my full attention. Tomorrow I will be flying (once again, for the 9th time this summer) to Oporto, where I will stay at least until Wednesday. I know at some point I will have to tell my boss I can no longer fly or be more than 3 hours away from my city and my hospital.

Anyway, there will be no update for a few days.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Yes, time for your boss to realize there is more to life than work. Hard for most bosses to understand.
    Glad you are doing so well.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Yikes.. you are the travel queen!!! Be safe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home