Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Grandparents

aaa
So I ended up telling my Mom last night. She knows about the miscarriage last month and was asking me if I had had a period after that. I just couldn't help it and told her. But I also told her she could not tell anyone, including my Dad, until our ultrasound.
She was surprisingly calm about it. I was afraid she would get excessively excited which makes it harder for me to remain cautious about this. But she just smiled and said she hopes this is the one and will pray for it. That was just what I wanted her to say.

It brakes my heart to see how much my parents hurt by what happened. They really want to have more grandchildren and they want me to stop hurting. When I got pregnant with R and then with the molar pregnancy they were so excited and they started calling all their friends and buying stuff and making plans. They are truly the best grandparents ever. And I'm so sorry that they have lost it too, the ability to get excited with this news. I really hope everything looks good on Friday, not only for us but also for them, so they can get excited again.

Today is my FIL's birthday and we are going there for dinner. It's easier to keep this from them because they have such a busy life, with 9 kids, 7 of them still living at home, and one grandchild also living with them. They do get excited with having another grandchild, don't get me wrong, but it's not the same.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Glad things went well with your Mom! Trust me she is bursting inside but like you is being cautious and wants to protect you her baby. She doesn't want YOU to hurt anymore. Can't wait till Friday!

    Happy Birthday to your FIL!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Modokker said…

    Ana you have wonderful parents. Your mom knows you well enough to know just what to say to you.I hope you all can celebrate this weekend!

    HUGS!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Ana...I want to wish you the best of luck and many blessings. I hope this new little one is here to stay! Many, many prayers between now and friday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home