Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, February 28, 2005

Help, the monster is back!

aaa
This was a nice weekend. We spent most of the weekend with my friend who lost her baby a couple of weeks ago. She is not feeling very well yet, physically speaking. Her milk came in last week (I had no idea that would happen at 14 weeks) and she is having a hard time with the meds she is taking to dry the milk.
But emotionally I think she is doing better and taking it surprisingly well. She opened up with me and I could see she was still in a lot of pain, and I know it will get worse before it gets better. But she is reacting and we went out for lunch, then dinner and a movie. She has a 2 year old and an 8 month old so that helps a little too I guess, having two kids to take care of.

I've been trying to ignore this pregnancy thing until we have our first ultrasound. I try no to talk about it with Zé Maria, I try not to obsess about symptoms or lack thereof and I try not to make plans in my mind. But it's hard.
I'm always tired, my breasts are horribly sore, I'm cold all the time. And now my face is breaking out. I had so much acne when I was pregnant with R I had to wear makeup every day (I never wear makeup). It was absolutely the worse part of my pregnancy, I felt like a monster and it kept getting worse. And now it's coming back! I hate it, but at the same time it gives me a sense of normalcy about this pregnancy that makes it harder not to hope. You see, I never had acne with the molar pregnancy.
So, my dear readers, if you have any suggestion to fight this acne, please let me know. I am willing to try anything (as long as it's not dangerous for the baby of course). Come on, help me out here!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Shawna, my ultrasound is on Friday. I can't wait!!
    If I find a solution for the acne I'll let you know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home