Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, February 21, 2005

So far so good

aaa
As of today this pregnancy has lasted longer than the previous one. For some reason both my husband and I are feeling much more optimistic this time. We haven't told anyone but we really feel that this is it. And I have far more symptoms this time.

I'm hungry. All. The. Time. Thankfully, I seem to get satisfied with a cracker and a glass of water.
I am also bloated. I have a small pouch in my belly and I'm really starting to worry about it.
When I was pregnant with R I didn't gain any weight until I was 18 weeks along, I didn't wear maternity clothes until about the same time and I gained a total of 30 lds, which I find acceptable. I'm afraid things won't go as smoothly in the weight gain department this time. So I have to start worrying about it right now.

We have decided to go in for an ultrasound on the 4th of March (at 6 weeks). Because of the molar pregnancy I had, it is important that we rule out a new mole or a regrowth as soon as possible. But we would also like to see a heartbeat on the first u/s and be able to relax a little. So we think 6 weeks in a good compromise between the two. I just hope we do get to see that heartbeat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday, we met my friend (the one who lost the baby) at the church. Afterwards they wanted to go have something to eat and take the kids to the park so we went with them. She had left the hospital saturday night (she was there since thursday) and was looking really tired and pale. But I was really happy to see that she is reacting, focusing on her two sons and spending time with her friends.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ana,

    Sounds like things are going really well! I am just so excited for you. I think your just bloated right now and it will go down. I actually got that way with Alex almost right away but around 7 weeks it went away! Hugs my friend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home