Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, February 18, 2005

Time to pray

aaa
I'm not a patient person. I hate to wait and I specially hate to make others wait. I am always on time and Zé Maria and I are always the first to arrive everywhere we go. We know this, but we still do it every time. My friends used to tell me they were late because of the kids, but then I had R and we are still always on time.
I am an instant gratification kind of girl. I want what I want and I want it right now. I hate to wait in line in the grocery store or in fast-food restaurants, I absolutely hate TV commercials and I never let the microwave bell go off. I always take the food out a few seconds before it goes off. It's ridiculous, I know, and it really makes my husband crazy.

However, I did wait until 14 days post ovulation to take a pregnancy test. I was terrified I would get a faint, almost invisible line like I did last month at 13 dpo (as if one day would really make a difference). Of course I did take another test last month at 15 dpo and it was faint again. But it was hard enough waiting this long so I couldn't possibly wait until 16 dpo.

So I took the test this morning. And got a second line. A nice, strong, dark second line. And it didn't even take 3 minutes to show up, it came up immediately. So that makes me a little more hopeful.

So now we pray. I ask the Lord to make this baby stick, to give me the honor of being the mother to one of his children once again. I also ask of Him the strength to accept His will, whatever it may be. I ask Him to give me the patience I don't have to wait until we see a heartbeat before I get excited.
But first of all, I pray for my friend, who is going through the worse pain I can imagine. I pray that she finds comfort in her husband and her children, and in Him.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Tenho tanta pena. E tanta esperança por ti. Bjs

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Ana,
    Many prayers for your friend, what an awful feeling. Many, many sticky vibes for you. I hate waiting as well. So glad the line was so dark and it showed up so quickly. I really do pray this is the one for you.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    AMEN! God is GREAT! Hooray Ana! My prayers are with you over the next several weeks. Keep positive thoughts my friend. We are all with you in spirit!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ana....I know I just posted to you on the board....but also wanted to send you sticky vibes here too! You will be in my prayers, and I hope this will be a healthy, worry-free pregnancy (if that's possible, for anyone?) for you! You deserve only the best!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Modokker said…

    Ana... Your words are always so eloquent. I am a instant gratification girl too. I can totally realte to everything you said. lol I think this is it.
    This is your baby. The line showed up fast and dark. Thats sounds so encouraging. It's time for R to be a big sister!

    Hugs and Sticky baby vibes!

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger JenP said…

    Ana, this is beautiful news. Many, many prayers for this sticky wee baby. I hope you can rest well this weekend and I pray this little one is here to stay!

    Best wishes

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Congratulations Ana... I will be praying for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home