Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Today is a sad day

aaa
My good friend, the one who has a son R's age and another 6 month old baby, the one who is pregnant with number 3, just called me.
I knew they had an ultrasound this morning, at 14 weeks, and would try to find out the baby's gender. But what they found out was that the baby is dead.

I can not begin to tell you how I feel. She is the sweetest person ever and has been my best friend and my support through all I have been going through. We were pregnant together with our first and really helped each other out. We were pregnant together the second time and she was the best friend I could ask for when I lost that one. She imediately stopped talking about her pregnancy unless I would ask her about it and gave me all her support and attention. Then she got pregnant the third time and yet she still worried about me.

And now this. At 14 weeks. She will have to have a D&C. And I know what she is going through and I know what she will go through in the next weeks and the scar she will have for the rest of her life. I would do anything to take this pain from her. Today is really a day of mourning.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ana, I am so sorry for your friends loss. How heart breaking. There is no one I can imagine better to understand her pain and walk her thru this than you. God, has blessed you with each other! My prayers are with you.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Oh Ana...my heart is breaking for your friend. I am so glad she has you to help her through this.

    Also, just read yesterday's post...hoping and praying for you too!

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger Modokker said…

    Ana.. I'm sorry for your friend. I know you will support her thru all of this. I'm glad you have had each other. What a wonderful friend you have there.

    Hugs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home