Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

We're back


We're back from the long weekend at the beach. The weather wasn't great but we had a good time and we got some much needed rest.

As I have probably mentioned before, we are redoing two of our bathrooms. The men will start working on the 4th of July and we’ll stay at my parents for two weeks. Then we’ll go to Brazil for a week and hopefully the house will be ready and clean when we come back. I had planned on unpacking R’s baby clothes and gear after the ultrasound on the 28th but I guess I’ll wait until the bathrooms are ready and everything is clean. We’ll hire a cleaning company to come in after the work is done so I won’t have to do it myself.
Staying at my parents’ for two weeks is going to be… challenging. They’ll probably disrupt R’s schedules and routines, not to mention her meals (they always give her tons of sweets). We will be crammed in a small room with a sofa bed and we’ll have to take all the clothes we need for the 3 weeks (2 weeks plus vacation in Brazil) because the men will seal off our rooms to prevent the dust from going in. And it’s a 25 minute walk to work everyday, instead of the 10 minute walk from our house. But we’ll live, somehow, and our house is going to look so much better. I’ll be sure to take before and after pictures and post them here.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Glad you had a relaxing weekend! Just what the doctor ordered!

    As for the house.. eeek!! Hope it all goes as planned and smooth!!!

    Can't wait to see the pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home