Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Kidney Saga - Part IV


Yesterday my BIL’s doctor called my husband to schedule an appointment for next Thursday with him, my BIL and the surgeon who will be doing the transplant. He did not call my SIL so I guess that means Zé Maria will be the donor for sure. I’m actually glad my SIL won’t be the donor because I have a feeling she wants to get married soon and I know she’ll want to have children soon after that. But she was not happy that the doctor decided things without consulting her (being a doctor herself, I guess it was more professional pride hurt than anything else).
We are going to try to schedule the surgery for early September. It would allow us to have our vacation in August, as planned, and would give Zé Maria enough time to recover a bit before the baby is born. On Thursday we will decide the date and we will ask the doctor how long he will have to stay in the hospital, how long he will have to stay at home, how long until he can play soccer again, etc.
But apart from all these details (and they are only details), the most important thing is that this transplant works, that BIL doesn’t reject the kidney and that he can live a normal life again. And that’s what we are trying to focus on right now. It would terrible if this was all in vain.


We’re leaving for the beach house today, and we’ll be back on Tuesday. We desperately need this time just the 3 of us. Lets just hope the weather helps!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Praying everything for DH goes smooth.....

    Have a relaxing time!!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Enjoy the beach and best of luck with the surgery ...scheduling and all.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger K|nneret said…

    Wishing you much luck with the surgery and a great time at the beach!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home