Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, May 30, 2005

I'm back


The mini-vacation was great! We went to a friend’s beach house on Thursday and came back last night and we had a blast.
We went with 2 other couples and a total of 6 children, all under 4. It was tiring but the kids had so much fun, and it gave me an idea of what the logistics are with more than one child. Rosarinho shared a bedroom with two other kids which was also good because she needs to start getting used to sharing her bedroom. She liked it so much last night she was crying because she wanted to sleep with her friends!

Last Friday the ultrasound clinic called me because the technician my doctor likes will be on vacation when I was supposed to have my u/s. So I’ll have to wait 2 more weeks and I’ll go there on the 28th. I have to admit I was a bit upset about it. Not only because I was looking forward to seeing the baby again, and checking if the placenta has moved up, but also because this means 2 more weeks of restrained physical activity and no sex. My husband is going crazy and I have to say I’m not too happy about it either. It’s been 7 weeks, a woman has needs right?
The receptionist who called must have noticed I was upset because she asked “it doesn’t really matter right?”. Well, lady, it doesn’t matter to you but I was counting on waiting two more weeks and now it’s four more weeks. Sure it matters!

Anyway, I’ve been doing ok. I’m still having b-h contractions even with the magnesium and I know I have to rest more. But the baby is moving a lot and my belly is more visible every day, so all is well. 19 weeks on Friday, can you imagine that?!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    I'm sorry you have to wait! It sucks!! Maybe you guys could please eachother other ways besides sex?? (sideways grin)! Just a thought. People never realize how it effects the emotions of the PG lady.

    Glad your vacation was a blast. Get your feet up and rest girl!

    Hugs!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    "It doesn't really matter"?? What is she, a castrati? I am so sorry, blah.

    But I'm happy the baby is moving and the tummy is growing, yey. Pic?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home