Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

When it rains...


So yesterday I was just finishing dinner and my church calls asking me if I could have 2 more pilgrims stay at my house. Apparently someone forgot them and when they arrived, at 10 pm, they had nowhere to go. So now we have a boy and a girl from Macedonia staying with us, in addition to the kids from Poland.

Then a few minutes later my boss calls asking me to come to work today. So my day started with a meeting over breakfast in one of best hotels in the city and it will hopefully end with a signed contract and a big bonus... Ok, so the bonus part is wishful thinking.

Then this morning I called my husband, who is still on vacation, and he tells me R woke up with fluid coming out of her ear. He called the doctor and she said this is the end of an ear infection. She was surprised that R went through an ear infection without so much as a light fever or even a little crankiness. That's my girl! We will have to be extra careful for a few days and make sure she isn't out in the cold but it seems that the worse is over.

So I will hopefully resume my vacation in a couple of hours. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home