Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, December 13, 2004

It's almost January. Please!


The last quarter of the year is a complicated time for us.
Between September and December we have the birthdays of 7 of my husband's siblings, my Mom's birthday, my sister's birthday, my birthday, my husband's birthday, R's birthday, our anniversary, my parent's anniversary, my in-law's anniversary and my MIL's birthday. Oh and then there's Christmas and New Year of course.
So basicly by January 2nd we are usually fat, broke and exausted.
Everytime we go to my inlaw's now R stars singing happy birthday and yelling party. Last Friday my youngest SIL turned 20 and tomorrow my youngest BIL turns 14. Then on Sunday R turns 2 and we are having a party at our house. With children. And food. And baloons. And cake.

This year, to make things even more exciting, we are going to have 4 pilgrims of trust staying with us from December 28th until January 1st. Which means I am going to have 4 young strangers (please God, let them at least speak english) having breakfast, showering (they better shower) and sleeping at our house for 5 days. Plus lunch on New Year's day.
What was I thinking when I volunteered? Remind me to beat myself to death when this is all over please. That is if I make it to January.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    OMG!!! You must be knackered! What were you thinking??? I'm joking you know, when it is all over you'll be able to remember the good times and maybe even have some fun DURING. having people over for a while is fun, we used to be called the F. Hostel when I was living w my parents, exchange students in and out all the time. Good times. Now my friends have started visiting again - from abroad that is - all the languages make my head spin, as does the amount of birthdays, oy! Never boring I suppose, though I bet it gets too much at times. E, chérie, aquela é uma foto excepcional, a realidade não é bem assim. Eu sou tão pouco fotogénica que algum dia haveria de ter sorte - o problema é que agora NUNCA vou poder conhecer ninguém IRL! Bjs

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I'm sure it will be fun to have the kids stay over. As for all the parties, who told me to marry into such a family, right?
    Fotogénica ou não a fotografia está um espectáculo. And you don't want to meet me IRL anyway, I am a boring working mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home