Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Wedding - Season 2, Episode VII


Wow, it’s been awhile hun? Things have been hectic at work and I spent the weekend at the office so no time to post anything. I will have to write a long work-related update one of these days but it’ll have to be sometime next week.

Anyway, last Friday we finally had the big event (read the engagement dinner). SIL ended up inviting P’s mom, his dad and his dad’s girlfriend and 3 of P’s half-sisters. You can not imagine how uncomfortable my in-laws were with this party but I think they were actually great, very polite and nicer than I would’ve expected. It was awkward at first, of course, but it ended up being a nice evening. We did skip the traditional speech, in which P would have asked SIL’s hand in marriage to FIL. It just seemed like too much and I’m glad he decided not to do it.

The wedding is in 3 weeks and then finally this family will be back to normal (or their kind of normal anyway). Not much longer now!

Tomorrow I’ll be away on a business trip but I promise to try to post a picture of SIL on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger L said…

    Phew!! I'm glad that's over and it seems to have gone really well!

    do write about your work, I want to know all :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home