Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shopping therapy


Yesterday was football night and it was also my SIL’s boyfriend’s birthday and they went out for dinner so I was home alone with the kids. I was so tired and my neck was so sore (I really have to see what this pain is) I was practically in tears. R came to me, put her head on my lap and told me “Mommy, please don’t make that face”. I swear my heart missed a beat. I have no right to make my 3 year old child be worried about me. She said she wanted to sit with me on the couch and see a book with pictures of animals, so I sat with her and we saw the pictures. Then I put M to bed and we baked a cake together, which is her favourite thing in the world.

M slept a lot better tonight so I’m feeling less tired and my neck is almost normal, after tons of meds. I’m going to have lunch with my sister and we’re going shopping. I usually have lunch with ZM and the kids but today I told him I needed to buy my Mom’s birthday present (which is true) and so I would have lunch with my sister.

Tomorrow I have a meeting in Porto, which is a two-hour drive each way. I’m going with my boss who for some reason has been in a foul mood lately so that should be fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Marital problems...well I have some of my own also. I have a very helpfull husband but sometimes I just wished I could spend more time reading, watching Tv, computer. He has a lot of time to watch Tv and prefers to cook dinner instead of bathing the kids, for instance. But in the end he really helps. What I really wanted right now was to have his attention (on me).
    The hugs and kisses are past. That I miss a lot.

    Regarding shopping as a therapy that sounds great. I can not do it because I have no money to spend and every time I go window shopping and end up even worse because I can not buy a thing.

    Neck pain, I have that a lot, especially when I am very anxious and nervous with all this daily routine.

    Hope you get better and wish you better days. Ask him in advance to take care of the kids, prepare him, maybe it will help.

    A big hug.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Yes, neck pain sounds more like it's caused by your anxiety.

    Not much you can do except change your attitude to accept things, or else drink more wine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home