Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Excuses and more excuses


I’m sorry I’ve been such a bad blogger lately but this is a very complicated month. We had our 5th anniversary last Friday, this Friday is older BIL’s birthday and Sunday younger BIL’s birthday. Then next week it starts all over again, with M’s birthday on Wednesday and mine on Friday (and my sister’s obviously). SIL’s wedding is on Saturday the 21st, then my nephew’s first birthday is on the 27th and ZM’s 30th birthday is on 29th. Honestly, October is the most complicated month of the entire year and I’m already exhausted.

Anyway, we had our anniversary last Friday. We went to this really fancy restaurant, which was also really good, and then rented a movie and went home. It was a nice calm evening but just what I needed.
Things at work have been hectic and I worked the last two weekends, so I’m absolutely exhausted (I’ve said that before haven’t I? Sorry, no time to proof read). I’ve been having 6 to 10 expressos a day and I can feel the Chron’s starting to flare up (stress is definitely what causes the crisis). So we decided to take a few days off and will be going to Madrid for 5 days in November, after all the birthdays and anniversaries and weddings. My boss wasn’t too happy with this but even he can see how much I need it.

I’ll try to post more often but I have a feeling October will not be a busy month on this blog. Sorry.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Ana, you do need lots of rest, poor you!!! I hope you survive all the birthdays and weddings and celebrations... and we'll be here for when you have the time.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Happy birthday! And happy (belated) anniversary!

    Sounds like the wedding thing would make a very good series on one of the US daytime soap operas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home