Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, June 09, 2006

The Wedding - Part VIII


The big day is a week from tomorrow and the level of stress… well, by now I guess you can imagine what it’s like.
This weekend we (my SIL, her girl friends and me) are going to the beach house for what will be two whole days of eating, drinking, sun bathing and small talking. I think I may be needing this girl’s weekend out more than she is right now. Things are not easy at work but I don’t really wanna talk about it anymore.
Monday is the final fitting of the wedding dress (which I will miss because I’ll be on yet another business trip) and then we’ll spend the rest of the week preparing the last details (organizing the tables, getting manicures, buying the flowers, etc). R is getting so excited about wearing the “princess dress” I think she’ll stop sleeping altogether by Wednesday. I have still to buy a white shirt for M to use with the shorts my SIL had made for him, matching the flower girl dresses. Then we can finally put this show on the road!

And then it’s Brazil on the 24th. I can’t wait.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh Brazil, I am salivating all the way down to my toes! I KNOW you need this holliday desperately. Your boss is a right cow, sod her and the mare she rode in on.

    Can't wait for wedding pics, enjoy your hen weekend

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you did not have a business trip forced upon you for this one.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger L said…

    This wedding sounds like it's going to be a really nice event, I can't wait for pictures!!

    Oh... enjoy Salvador for me, the last time I was there was for my honeymoon, 11 1/2 years ago. Wow, i'm getting old :)

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    (Have I answered re Wednesday?? Hope I have but will reiterate, Wedn would be great.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home