Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lifetime Oportunities


A group of friends of ours is planning a trip to Israel in August (I know, I know, August is probably not the best month). When I read the email they sent inviting us to go I was so excited I nearly cried. I want to go so bad. This has been my dream for so long and the group is just absolutely perfect. The timing is also perfect, because we can both take time off that week and the kids will be at the beach house with my inlaws. Everything is just perfect.

But then we started talking about the logistics (meaning money) and we realized we won’t be able to make it. We have the trip to Brazil with my parents which is all scheduled and paid for (and my parents helped us out financially) and then we are replacing the elevator in our building, which will cost each apartment almost 5,000 euros. So unless we win the lottery, there’s just not enough money. I was devastated and I’ve been thinking about it for the past three days. I would give up almost anything to go on this trip, with these people.

Then this morning Zé Maria asked me “Do you really wanna go?”
To which I said yes. And I know he’ll try everything to make it happen.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger L said…

    When are you going to Brazil? Where to this time? I wish we were going as well. I have no idea when I'll be going back... :(

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger L said…

    And I forgot to say - I hope you get to go to Israel!

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh you two will come up with something. Though I dare say August is horrendous for pilgrimages, most people do not do well in that sort of heat. But if it must be it will be. You will LOVE Israel. I'm so envious!!!

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Hope you can do it, but if money does not let you, perhaps you can save and catch onto some group visit in the future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home