Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Wedding - Part VI


The wedding is a month from yesterday, which means the level of stress is increasing by the day.
Last week we went for the first dress fitting and I was so relieved to see that it looks great and needs only a couple of minor adjustments. She will certainly be a beautiful bride. She borrowed my sister’s shoes that were so dirty I honestly thought she would never be able to clean them up. However, she brought them to the fitting and they looked as good as new, which was a nice surprise.
Here is a picture of her dress:




















The menu has also been chosen, and unfortunately we didn’t go with the duck as I had suggested. I’m not even sure what they ended up choosing, but it was something simple, which always works best. The flowers are also decided and my SIL will make the centrepieces herself, all 18 of them (there will be 180 people, 18 tables of 10). My Mom took pictures of a centrepiece she used for one of her events last month (my Mom’s a PR) and my SIL will copy it. It’s simple but beautiful and I’ll try to get a picture of it to post here.

Yesterday my SIL picked R up from school and took her and the other flower girls to their dress fitting. R was so excited to try on her “princess dress” she didn’t even want to go to school in the morning.
In the evening, my BIL showed up at our house with a dress for me to see. Apparently my youngest SIL (the one whose dress was “stolen” by the older SIL) bought this dress but she wasn’t quite sure if it was appropriate for the occasion, so she had BIL bring it over so I could see it and give my opinion. She doesn’t seem to know the concept of digital cameras. Anyway, the dress was really nice, so it seems everyone now has appropriate outfits for the big day.

I finally tried on my dress and it looks so different now that I’m not breastfeeding (I bought it 2 months after M was born). I’m not so sure what to think of it now. Here’s a picture, what do you think, honestly?


3 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    I'm impressed with the dress - you look so nice with the sparklies, and it does fit well. Yes, go with it.

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger L said…

    I think the dress looks lovely Ana.

    Se vc esta preocupada com "cleavage" vc pode usar um daqueles soutiens que valorizam os seios com enchimento :) Mas nao esta ruim nao!! (melhor do que eu certamente! Eu sou como uma tabua... fora nos primeiros meses de amamentacao)

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I think both dresses are gorgeous, you look very good in it, SERIOUSLY! A push-up bra might help fill it up better but personally I think it looks great the way it is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home