Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, June 05, 2006

Leaving the cave


We went to a friend’s beach house for the weekend. Two couples, 5 children under 5. I obviously had no time to think about my professional troubles and I’m physically exhausted but mentally relaxed.

Being with my friends who have children, whose life is more than their jobs, helps me put things into perspective. I am reminded of why I choose my family first. Not because I have no money for an aupair (which my boss suggested I should get, in order to have full time availability) but because I want to raise my own kids, and watch them grow and make a difference in their lives. I’m still sad and angry with all that’s happened but I’ve decided that this is not important enough to depress me and so I’m slowly crawling out of my cave and am soon going to start looking for a new, better job.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Is that what all of the companies there expect, twenty four hours a day of your time? I hope that your performance is more important that your being there, but I have had several jobs where showing up at start time and staying at least until 'official end time' was more important than what work I produced.
    Sorry, hope you can find a job that is more flexible and fits with your life.

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm glad you had a good weekend at the beach with your friends and their children - to spend time with like-minded people always helps to put things into perspective.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger portuguesa nova said…

    I really do not like your boss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home