Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, May 22, 2006

Good things


Things are starting to look a little brighter at work. They have found a replacement for JP right here in our department. She’s a very nice girl I have worked with before, back when I started here 5 years ago. She’s not a genius, but she has lots of experience and I’m sure we can share the work load evenly. Oh, and she’s single and childless so that helps.
The project I’ve been working on will be over on Friday, which means no more business trips, at least for awhile. The fees we’ll get from it are also very nice and I can feel that promotion just a little bit closer.

As I said before, the trip to Israel is booked and paid for. We’ll leave for Tel Aviv on Sunday, July 30th, and we’ll be back a week later. We now have to take care of visas and stuff like that (not sure what we need to do). We’ll also try to make a detour into Jordan to visit some Lebanese and Syrian friends we met a couple of years ago. This is turning out to be more complicated than we first thought it would be, and we may not be able to go there at all. But what really matters is that we get to go on our dream trip to Israel… I still can’t believe we’re actually going!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm very happy for you Ana... I didn't comment on the job situation before (lack of time), but I admire you and any other mom who work - you are truly strong because it's not easy to leave our little ones :)

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Why do you need a visa? Have things changed that much?? Also, I'd be very much surprised if they let you go to Jordan coming from Israel. But maybe, who knows. Then you'll see Eilat!

    The job news is excellent, it must take a huge load off your back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home