Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Wedding - Part IV


The invitations arrived and, of course, they messed up. The map of the place where the reception will take place was supposed to be printed separately, but they thought it would be a much better idea to just print it on the back of the invitation and save some trees. My SIL was inconsolable when she saw it but all 200 invitations are already printed and my MIL refuses to send them back. I told her it wasn’t so bad and no one will notice but the fact is, it’s kinda horrible.

Tomorrow I have the afternoon off so I’m taking SIL to my hairdresser so we can start thinking about what she wants to do with her hair. Thankfully, I fully trust Esmeralda (the hairdresser) because my SIL’s taste is, how can I put it?, less than perfect when it comes to hairstyle. R is insisting on coming with us and have her hair cut so that should be a fun afternoon at the salon.

The coir we had hired told us they can’t come after all and we’re trying desperately to find another one. At this short notice, it’s not going to be easy. The fabric for the flower girls dresses has been bought and the lady who’s making them will start working on them right after Easter. Finally, SIL’s trying on her dress on May 10th. That’s all I can think of for now.

To be continued….

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger L said…

    Oh Ana, these wedding stories crack me up, keep 'em coming!

    Feliz Pascoa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home