Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Wedding - Part III


It seems I might have won the flower girls dresses fight after all. My SIL was seriously considering yellow as of yesterday. The colour of the waistband is yet to be decided but I’m happy already. She will buy the fabric this week and then there’s no turning back. And then I’ll buy some extra fabric and make something for M as well.
The invitations are also being printed this week and we should start sending them in a couple of weeks. They are doing an exact copy of our invitation. Not very creative, but it will work.

The problem now is the wedding list. They need about everything, but have absolutely no idea on which style to decorate the house. They ended up going to this really classic and old-style store, but everything was too expensive. Now they are going to Ikea to see what they have. Can you tell they’re confused?

My 15 year-old BIL came to me yesterday to ask if I could ask SIL to invite his girlfriend to the wedding. In this family, things don not work like that. When Z and I started going out, and even though everyone knew we were going out, one of my SILs had to introduce me as her friend, and for a long time (years), I was invited there in the quality of Joana’s friend. It’s kinda ridiculous, I know, but that’s the way it is. So inviting the kid’s girlfriend did not seem like a good idea. I did talk to my SIL though, and she said she’ll invite the girl to come to the party, after dinner, (as a friend, of course) and he was happy enough.

To be continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home