Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yet another business trip


I’m leaving tomorrow for yet another business trip to Porto. This time, I will stay there until Friday (2 nights), and I’ll be visiting vineyards is Douro (I’m not sure if I told you before, but we are selling a Port Wine company). I hear the vineyards are beautiful, especially in the Spring, and I’m looking forward to see it, since I’ve never been up in that part of the country.

However, I’m starting to feel guilty. I knew this was inevitable but I didn’t expect it to happen so soon. As I gain more and more responsibility at work I knew I would have to travel more often and spend more time away from the kids. But M is only 5 months old and I can’t help but feel a knot in the pit of stomach, made even worse by the fact that we are going to Barcelona next week, thus leaving them once again.
To make things worse, I have a really big presentation tomorrow, also in Porto, and I’ll probably be working on it all night, which means I won’t see the kids today either. I’ll take R to school tomorrow, and give M his morning bottle, but that just isn’t enough.

I love this job, but I am seriously considering starting to look for something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home