Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, March 24, 2006

The things we learn while praying


Every night, when we put R to bed, we pray with her. We ask her what she liked the most during the day, she thanks Jesus for it and then we say a small prayer. Usually the things she liked the most are stuff like going to grandma's house, or feeding the fish, or something she did at school. But sometimes she really surprises us.

A few weeks ago, while I was still on maternity leave, I went to pick her up at school (usually my housekeeper picks her up). That night I asked her what she had liked the most and the answer was "that mommy picked me up from school". It was really a slap in the face to realize how small things I sometimes don't do because I'm lazy have such a big importance for her. Now that I'm working I can't pick her up from school, but I can take a few minutes to do something special with her and I have to do it.

Then the day before yesterday Z asked her what she'd liked the most that day and she says "Gonçalo Oliveira" (one of her school buddies). And from that day on that's been her answer everytime.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger L said…

    That made me smile :) It's fun to see our kids enjoying these early friendships, isn't it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home