Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Still here


I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday but I'm still here. I did call my OB to tell her what the ultrasound doctor had said and she asked me to go in, hooked me up to the fetal monitor for 30 minutes to check contractions and fetal heartbeat and said she sees no reason why we shouldn't stick to the plan. I am to take it easy this weekend, not have sex (that has got to be a joke) and I'll see her again on Monday. She did take a look at the ultrasound and compared it with R's and said they look almost the same. She will only make the final decision on the c-section on Monday but it sounded like she's pretty much decided on letting me try the vaginal delivery!

R is doing much much better. I finally caved in and started her on antibiotics Thursday night and yesterday she had a good day, no fever and the cough is also getting better. I hate to give her antibiotics but the fact is, it worked. She'll be going back to school on Monday and we'll try to keep her routine through an otherwise caotic week, with Mom in the hospital and a new baby.

As for this weekend, today is my other BIL's birthday and we're throwing him a surprise party tonight at my in-laws. And tomorrow we have a friend's birthday party, at lunch, with the kids. So, J, I'm afraid I can't tell you I have no more parties this weekend. My life is seriously crazy.

Ok, have a great weekend everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    Parties full of kids. That might be more productive than sex.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    You know entirely too many people. Seriously.

    Write "take it easy this weekend" please, 500 times.

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger L said…

    Well, I'm glad you can stick to the plan. As for the parties, I'm entirely jealous... In Brazil, where our families and our best friends are, we'd have parties and get-togethers to go to all the time, but not here :(

    I hope you're having a great weekend!

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    BUSY Girl...

    so glad R is better!! I keep checking the board for updates on you and holly! Can't decide who is more anxious.. me or you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home