Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, October 06, 2005

4 years ago


4 years ago I married the man of my dreams. I was 21 and completely in love. I had found my soul mate, the person who completed me. We had been together for 3 years and I had known from the first month that this would be the man I would marry.
It was, I dare say at the risk of sounding extremely corny, the happiest day of my life. I felt beautiful, everything went exactly as planned and I lived my fairy tale. It was perfect.
But the best was yet to come. And the best has been every single day of these 4 years. We got to know each other better, we fell in love all over again, over and over again, we went through great moments and through really bad ones and we grew stronger, as individuals and particularly as a couple. We created a family and made it grow. It’s been wonderful!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations and happy anniversary! You both look so wonderful and happy. Can't wait to see a family picture with the FOUR of you!!!

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Parabéns! Que fotografia magnífica, estás tão bonita! Vocês fazem um casal amoroso.

    Boa celebração!

    [Nós, para a semana, boa? Sim?]

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger JoeinVegas said…

    So, is it the seven year anniversary? Congrats - big party planned? (as if your tummy could attend)

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger L said…

    Parabens!! Que noivinha tao linda, e que noivo tao faceiro. Realmente um casal muito lindo! Gostei muito do veu e tambem do buque^ de rosas vermelhas.

    See, I got all influenced by the lioness above and wrote it all in Portuguese. It does feel good to use my language in writing once in a while :)

    Happy anniversary. We'll have our 11th this December, and we'll be apart (I'll be in Brazil) - you're SO young! 9 anos mais nova que eu!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home