Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Enough


I’m starting to feel I’m on the limit with this pregnancy. My hands and feet have been swelling in the afternoon for awhile now, but in the past few days they are no longer back to normal in the morning. On Sunday I took off my wedding ring and will not be wearing it until after the baby is born, which happened at 27 weeks with my previous pregnancy, so I guess it’s not that bad.
I’m tired of course, and I find myself napping on the weekends and going to sleep on the couch at 10 pm. I’m now going to bathroom every 30 minutes or so, and every 2 hours at night. I feel the baby kicking so low it sometimes feels like he is going to come out right there.

Pregnancy is a wonderful time, and I have really enjoyed it this time, much more so than last time, since I gained half the weight, had no acne and felt great all the time. But nature is wise and, when time is near, pregnancy becomes so uncomfortable you no longer want to be pregnant, you forget your fear of labor, your concerns about how your life will change, and you just wish the baby would come out already. I am entering this stage now. I packed my hospital bag this weekend and finished washing and folding the baby’s clothes. I am ready.

This afternoonI have an OB appointment, and I’m afraid that she will just check my weight and blood pressure and ask me to come back in a week, which is probably what will happen. At 35 weeks and 5 days I’m sure she will not want to talk about dates or anything. I so wish I could have a date.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger L said…

    I remember how tough it is... last year I spent the whole month of May like that, tired to be pregnant. My son was born on the 30th.

    Are you planning to have a vaginal birth or C-section (I mean, other than a needed emergency C-section)? How was Rosarinho's birth?

    I hope everything goes well!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Lilian,

    R's birth was a vaginal delivery, I was in labor for 3 hours and pushed for like 15 minutes. It was a great experience which I am hoping to repeat this time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home