Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mini vacation gone bad and update on the kidney saga.


I've started my maternity leave yesterday in the hope of taking these last few days before M is born to rest and to get everything ready. What I really wanted was a few days at home all alone, with Zé Maria at work and R at school so I could just watch TV, read my book, play some Sudoku and maybe do alittle shopping. Obvisouly, that's not what I got. R is still sick and is staying home with me so all my great plans have gone down the drain. Don't get me wrong, I love my daugther and I love spending time with her, but I had been dreaming of these days by myself... I feel like God is testing me, and letting me know it will not be easy to have two kids.

Anyway, yesterday I decided I wouldn't change my plans again and I went to meet the beautiful Lioness. R behaved appallingly so I'm sure she will never want to meet me again. I hope I'm wrong though, because I really liked her, and I was surprised that I wasn't surprised by her. She was just like I expected her to be. (J, I'm so sorry we were rushed by the little brat)

Today I have my last ultrasound, to finally decide on the c-section vs vaginal delivery. And then I have my BIL's birthday party. Which reminds me, by the way, that the surgeon called and said everything is ready for the transplant and we could choose anyt date after November 3rd. My BIL and Zé Maria talke it over and decided he will start imuno-supression right after Christmas and the surgery will be in the second week of January. I guess it's the best for everyone.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Poor R and Mommy!! Hope you both get some much needed rest!! Make sure your sleeping during her nap time. Maybe have her Nanny take her out for a few hours???

    Keep us posted girl!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm so excited that you got to meet Lioness! How fun. Sorry R wasn't in the mood.

    Fingers crossed for the u/s! (Which do you want? Vag or c/sec? I can't remember.)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger L said…

    I'm dying to know how the ultrasound went.

    So sorry R is sick and you can't relax and be on your own for a little while - but, if you must hear this, yes, it IS very hard to have two kids, it's not double the trouble, it's many , many times more...

    (but I still think two is better than one :) The more the merrier :)

    Yeah, please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh you silly, silly woman, I loved meeting you! In fact, am trying to convince my remaining 11 neurons to all come together so I can write a post! Abt that and other tings! But it's not goign well! So I try to hide it by overusing exclamation marks!!

    I did love meeting you and I very much want to meet you again, it wasn't R's fault, the poor thing, I think she took it extremely well considering she was sick, bored, tired and surrounded by boring strangers and Mummy would not allow her to play on the wet grass for some inane reason. You were also exactly as I expected it, isn't it brilliant that we giot along well IRL? Imagine the shock if not. Oh well, we'd go back to just blogging.

    Hope R. is feeling better and you get your rest. Please tell me you do NOT have any parties this weekend. Bjs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home