Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

We have a date.


Manuel will be born on the 18th of October, precisely 2 weeks from today.

I will have one last ultrasound on the 13th and we will make the final decision on the c-section vs vaginal delivery dilema. I am pretty confident that she'll let me try the vaginal delivery again, unless the baby has had some weird growth spurt in the past few weeks. I am to stop taking the meds to stop the contractions and just let them come. Let the fun begin.

Things are still complicated at work and I told my boss I would work until the 14th. He asked me why I couldn't come on the 17th, that asshole! Anyway, it's only one more week of work and then I'm done. Finally.

PS: Lilian, to answer your question - the c-section rate here in Portugal is about 20%, which is still way too high if you ask me, but significantly lower than in Brazil. But if you take only the private clinics, then the rate is much higher, around 30% or something.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger L said…

    Thanks for the answer, I think 20% is also the rate for the U.S. (correct me someone if I'm wrong) - not "very" bad.

    Well, I'm sorry you have to work almost up until the birth, but at least you have paid maternity leave (which doesn't really exist here in the U.S.).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home