Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A light at the end of the tunnel (updated)


The house will be ready tomorrow.

Oh, that felt so good!! What a beautiful sounding sentence!

Anyway, I finally convinced Zé Maria that it would be better to hire one of those specialized companies to come clean our house before we move back in. I have asthma and I'm pregnant and I really don't think I could stand cleaning all that dust. And besides, they bring all those fancy machines and cleaning products I don't have and refuse to buy.
So yesterday they came to take a look at the house, see what it is exactly that we want done, and they'll call me later today to tell me how much this will cost us.

While the man was looking at the house, Zé Maria got excited and ended up asking them to wash all the carpets, all the windows, to empty and wash all the kitchen cabinets and the closets, to wash all the dishes and appliances, to hoover the mattresses and sofas and to wash the balcony. It will take them 2 to 3 days to do everything (but since we will be at the beach house anyway, it won't delay our moving back in). I don't think our house was ever as clean as it will be when we get back... and honestly, I love it.
Now let's see just how much this will cost us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that good news never last?
Our architect just called to say the plumber didn't show up today so the house will probably only be ready on Saturday. I know it's only one day and we weren't even planning on moving in yet, but it still stresses me out. I could cry right now.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ohh wow.. can I move in too??

    I am so sorry the house won't be done tomorrow.. but like you said you'll be at the beach house anyway right?

    What an awesome husband.. I'll be curiouse what all that cleaning will cost you! But every penny will be worth it I assure you!!!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger sweetisu said…

    Welcome back! Looks like a great time was had by all. And returning to a squeaky clean house nonetheless, even though it's a few days late!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I could cry and it isn't even my house - oh my but I am salivating over your cleaning crew, good grief, I WANT ONE as well!!! Perfect bliss - and regardless of cost it will be so fabulously worth it! I am delighted for you, no work and maximum results. that's why we work anyway.

    Hope you're home now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home