Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

We're back, but we're not home yet.


We’re back! We had a great time and I wish we could’ve stayed there for another week, or even another month.
R behaved surprisingly well on the plane, she loved eating from the little tray and looking out the windows and running down the aisle to go “visit” my parents in first class. The flight attendants were not so happy about it but all in all, in went very well.
When we got to Porto Seguro, which is a really small town and has a really small airport, R turned to me looking appalled and said “Mom, this is not Brazil, it’s a garage!”

So in summary, we slept a lot, we ate a lot, we went to the beach, we read much less than we usually do when we travel without R (and yes, I was able to get Harry Potter before we left, but I’m sad to say I haven’t finished it yet) and we did lots of shopping. I even had a full body massage which was simply divine. Exactly the kind of vacation I needed.
Surprisingly, I didn’t gain any weight, although my belly is significantly bigger now. My feet are starting to swell by the end of the day and my back is starting to hurt. I’ll have to take it easy now that I’m entering the third trimester.

The house is almost ready and they say it will be all done by Friday (that’s 1 week later than initially planned, not so bad). On Saturday, however, we will move to the beach house and we’ll be coming to Lisbon to work every day next week so that R can go to the beach with my SILs, and then we’ll be on vacation again starting August 8th. Which means we will only move back home by the 15th.
I miss my house more than I can say and I never thought we would be away for 5 weeks. I feel like I have been camping at my parents’ house for ages and I can’t wait to go back to my home and to start getting things ready for this baby. This situation is really taking its toll on me.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our week in Brazil. Enjoy.

My Mom, R and I
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

R posing for the picture
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Down town Porto Seguro
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

They say this is good for your skin
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Riding a horse on the beach
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We went to an Indian reserve, and R was very impressed
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Nice parrot
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Looks like an incredible vacation! I am glad you rested lots! I am sorry the house is not done yet how frustrating. I bet part of your longing is your inner clocks desire to start "nesting". I totally understand. Hugs my friend you will be home soon!!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Modokker said…

    Awesome pictures Ana! So cool the places you get to visit! Glad your back safely.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Welcome back! Sounds like absolute heaven - and I LOVE the 3 generations photo! Belly pics?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home