Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tell me again, why did we decide to do this now?


Our house is a total wreck already. In two days the men have totally destroyed both bathrooms, tore down walls and have just started putting them up again. One of the bathrooms had a door leading into the kitchen, which will be closed and a new door leading into the hallway will be opened. The other bathroom was so small it actually had no bath (just the toilet and sink), so the wall connecting to one of the rooms was brought down and the bathroom will become bigger (at the expense of said room, obviously) and will have a standing shower. I’m hoping the 3 weeks will be enough!

R is doing surprisingly well with us moving in with my parents. She’s getting plenty of attention from everyone (more than she should, if you ask me) and she’s actually finding this arrangement quite fun. We’ve been able to keep her usual schedule, which is good for everyone, and I don’t think she actually misses our house yet.

I realized I forgot to update after Zé Maria’s meeting with the surgeon (this is actually a good sign). The surgery has been scheduled for the last week of September, which means I will be 36 weeks along and since he has to stay in the hospital for 5 days I will be nearly 37 weeks along by the time he comes home. Since I will mostly likely have a scheduled c-section, this baby will be born no later than 38/39 weeks so, as you can see, we’re on a pretty tight schedule here.
Even if it does work out and the surgery doesn’t get postponed (ha, ha, ha), chances are we will both be recovering from major abdominal surgery and having to take care of a newborn and a toddler. That will fun!
Anyway, at first I was pretty stressed out with this news, since I expected the surgery to be in late August/ early September. But I have decided that this surgery will not be postponed because of me and I will just have to trust that everything will work out in the end.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Sounds to me like they are moving along quickly with the renovations! Thats great news!!!

    As for the surgery.. trust in God. He will give you both the help you need and the strength to deal with it. Ana, you are extremely powerful whatever happens although it may get stressful you both will grow stronger from it. Turn your worries over to the Lord, as he WILL provide for you!!

    My prayers are with you both!!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Oh, wow! That will be a lot to deal with. Will some of your family members be able to help you both out? Good luck!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    It will work out in the end bcs it must. And you will have family to help you and can even hire someone. Or you can sleep cryogenically till early December.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home