Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ultrasound update and other good news


The ultrasound went very well. We confirmed the baby is a boy, and his name will be Manuel Maria. The nurse had told me to drink some juice before going in so the baby was moving around like crazy. We were there for about 40 minutes, and the doctor got to see all the important stuff, like the heart, stomach, kidneys, liver, etc. Everything looked perfect.
The placenta went up a bit but it is still on the low side. The doctor said it will probably go all the way up before the baby is born. However, he did not say if I’m allowed to pick up R and, you know, have sex and all that. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn this afternoon so I’ll have to ask her about that.

My sister also had her ultrasound yesterday and they also confirmed that she is having a boy and everything is looking good. I bet these two kids are going to be best friends! It couldn’t have turned out better!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I had a meeting at R’s pre-school this morning to enrol her for next year. Have I told you how much I love that school! It’s a small semi-public school (it’s run by a non-profit organization and has state subsidies) that takes kids from 1 to 6.
Anyway, the good news is they have English classes for kids over 3. I had been thinking of getting her private lessons next year, because I really want her to learn English as soon as possible, but they’re so expensive and I would have to drive across town to take her. I was so happy when the social worker asked me if I wanted to enrol her!
So next year, my baby will be in pre-school Monday through Friday from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm and she will have music and English classes. She’s growing up so fast! And for all of this, I will pay 220 euros per month (about $ 250). I think it’s a pretty good deal, don’t you?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow! It's all a good deal - the baby, the moving placenta, the cousin baby, and yes, the $250 awesome child care/school situation!!! I'll be lucky if I find something for $250 a WEEK here.

    Do you have pictures to share? :)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Yippee!! What a great 24hr's! 2 boys.. how awesome. You can even potty train together. Ohh the joy! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home