Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, July 11, 2005

Getting ready to go on a much needed vacation


We had a really nice, relaxing weekend. On Saturday we went to the beach and then we rented a movie (Million Dollar Baby – good but not as good as I expected it to be) and watched it after dinner. Then on Sunday we spent the day at my in-laws.
The remodelling is going as planned and I think there’s a pretty good chance it will be done by the time we come back from Brazil. And we’re actually doing well at my parents and they’re doing the best to make us as comfortable as possible.

R has been acting kinda strange lately and I’m pretty sure it’s because of the baby. She’s always asking about Mommy and Daddy when we’re not around, she cries when we drop her off at school (which she loves), she wants me to sleep with her and she’s always asking me if she’s my baby. I’m glad we’ll be on vacation on Saturday and we’ll be able to spend lots of time with her and reassure her that everything is okay.

We’re leaving for Brazil on Saturday and this will be the first time R flies. I’m dreading this trip! Any tips on how to make it go smoothly?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Bring some familiar small books and toys but also have a few new little surprises for her on the plane. Some of the things I usually suggest might not be available in Portugal or have different names. There are toys called Colorforms - they are restickable plastic stickers you put on a background to make pictures - here's a link: http://www.toys2wish4.com/doexco.html Another idea is WikkiStix - waxy strings that you can stick together or on things (airplane window) to make pictures: http://www.wikkistix.com/kidscorner.htm A new coloring book & box of crayons, small toy or doll. Things that don't have a lot of pieces and are creative and quiet.

    Other things to keep in mind (that you probably already know). Dress comfortably, bring layers, snacks, water. Have a lollipop for her to suck on for takeoff and landing.

    And HAVE FUN when you get there! We'll miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home