Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The most boring post ever


I don't really have much to write about but I hate to neglect this blog. So this is probably going to be really boring. Don't worry, I won't blame you if you don't read all of it.

Anyway, today we went to have R's passport done (for the trip to Brazil, in July, remember?). It was surprisingly easy considering how nearly-third-world bureaucratic this country can be. I called before I went there to make sure she didn't have to come with me. They told me she didn't, and that I should bring her identity card, my identity card and an ID-type photo of her. And then she asked me if her father and I were married to which I answered yes. She sounded relieved and I didn't ask but I'm sure it would've complicated things a great deal if the answer had been no.
When I got there, there was quite a big line and a boy was saying he had waited for 2 hours. But then the lady saw me and told me I could go next since I'm pregnant. I was out of there in 15 minutes! I guess it pays to be pregnant, even with this heat! And now we wait and we'll go get it in 8 days (I'll go so no one has to wait in line). No so bad is it?

R's school is divided into two "areas". One for children under 3 and one for children over 3. The older kids are going to the beach with the teachers for 2 weeks, starting last Monday. Since the young kids now have the school all for themselves, the teachers decided to put two huge pools in the garden and told the parents to bring swimsuits and towels. You can't imagine how excited R is to go to school now. This morning I was still half-asleep trying to convince myself to get up and already she was bringing me her bathing suit and her sunscreen, begging me to get up and take her to school already! She didn't even want to have breakfast, which I had to force upon her before we left.

Tomorrow there will be no pool because they have music class on Thursdays. She loves music class but something tells me she is not gonna be happy about it.

PS: Blogger's spell check doesn't recognize the word "blog". How stupid is that?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    8 days? That's way faster than in the US. It takes 4-6 weeks here unless you want to pay ungodly amonts of money (and that doesn't speed it up a whole lot anyway - certainly not 8 days).

    R's school sounds like fun!

    If you really have nothing to write about, you can answer the meme I tagged you with here:
    http://additionproblems.blogspot.com/2005/06/you-never-forget-your-first.html

    :) Have fun! :)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    WOW.. they take 3 year olds to the beach for 2 weeks?? NO PARENTS?? Where do they stay! My God.. those are some brave teachers!!

    I LOVE pool days at the day cares. How fun! Alex LOVES his pools here in our back yard too. It has been days since he could go in due to an ear infection though.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Modokker said…

    Sounds like R has a cool school! Glad she likes going. I have no clue how long it takes to get your passport here but alot of people are getting them thru teh Post office right now and i know it's $90 to get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home