Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Life's good ain't it?


Remember when I said I had 2 baptisms next Saturday? Well, make that 3. That’s right, 3! One at 12.15pm, one at 3.30 pm and one at 7.15 pm. That should be fun hun?
On Sundays when we leave the house in the morning R always asks where we’re going. I tell her we’re going to Mass and she usually asks “again?!” Now you can imagine what she’ll say on Saturday when we go to the church for the third time.

I work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Yesterday, my boss comes to me and tells me that someone from my husband’s company called him and told him things are not going so well with the company and they might have to close down. He wants us to look for a potential partnership/merger to try and save the company. The idea of my husband losing his job is too scary for me to even think about it, but let’s just say he will start looking for something, like, right now.
Oh, and I did share confidential information with my husband but, what the hell, it’s not like his telling anyone. I hope.

On a good note, we’re going to Brazil! That’s right, we are going to this resort for one week, with R, my parents, my aunt, my cousin and her daughter. We’re leaving on the 16th of July.
My aunt and my cousin are the best people to travel with. They’re funny, relaxed, interesting. And my cousin’s daughter, who’s 9, loves to take care of Rosarinho, which is going to be soooo good! I’m counting down the days already. I just hope that at 25 weeks I won’t be too heavy and uncomfortable to fully enjoy this last vacation before the baby comes.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    Ohhhh Brazil! How AMAZING! I am drooling just thinking about pictures! Be sure to take TONS.. just for me. (wink).

    I bet at 25 weeks you'll still be in a bikini and looking incrediible!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Boiker said…

    That resort is BEAUTIFUL! I could only dream of going to Brazil!!

    I hope that your husband finds a job soon, I know it can be stressful hearing that he may lose his job.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh, Brazil... I WANT TO GO BACK AS WELL!

    *SIGH*

    Job news suck rock eh? Hope he finds something soon.

    [Thank you dahling. thank you.]

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Oh no J, no "thank you". I just wish there was more I could do.

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Sasha@Pw said…

    Ooh Brazil!

    3!! baptisms...wow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home