Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I need a vacation again!


We had a really nice long weekend. Monday was a holiday here so we got to spend 3 days at home. I know it has only been a week since we came back from vacation but this pregnancy is really taking its toll on me and I feel so tired. Hopefully that will get better now that I’m in the second trimester. I had to wear maternity jeans for the first time during the weekend because I couldn’t button my regular ones. Soon I’ll have to start wearing maternity pants to work too.

On Saturday we had a friend’s kid’s birthday party and on Sunday we went to the beach with some friends and 9 children. It wasn’t warm enough to take our clothes off but the kids played in the sand and we had a great time. R really loves the beach and she spends the entire winter asking to go. We’ll have to start going more often now that the weather is nicer.

Then yesterday we had my grandma’s 84th birthday. The family all got together and we had a really nice time. It’s been only 3 months since my grandpa died and it’s still painful for all us. We miss him dearly and family celebrations have become bitter-sweet.

May is going to be a long month. On the 6th we have my BIL’s Confirmation and I’m going to be his godmother. This will be followed by a family dinner. Then on the 7th we have a wedding and on the 14th we have 2 (yes, two) baptizings, one at 3.30 pm and one at 7.30 pm. What on earth am I going to wear?! And have I told you how tired I am? I need to go on vacation again.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Boiker said…

    Sounds like you have a busy month coming up! :)
    I hope you're not so tired this trimester. I remember getting a burst of energy around that time. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home