Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Monday, May 09, 2005

All is well when it ends well


So my BIL’s Confirmation went well. I wore the red skirt with the flower pattern (no hat, J, sorry) and when I offered my seat to an old lady she told me she couldn’t accept because I was pregnant. This means that, despite Pedro’s requests, 1) my belly was pretty much noticeable and 2) I wore a “flashy” outfit. He wasn’t upset though, and didn’t even mention either of the facts.
I did, however, tell the bishop his name was Pedro instead of Pedro Maria, as my MIL had asked me to, which made him very, very happy. He hates to be called Pedro Maria so I was a good godmother and a cool SIL!

We went to the beach on Saturday. R is absolutely crazy about the beach and especially the water. She wouldn’t come out even though it was freezing and eventually I had to take her out because her lips had turned purple and her legs were shaking. Now we’ll have to listen to her begging to go to the beach every morning.

Then we had a wedding and R stayed at my parents. I wore a non-pregnant dress that looked great when I left the house but as the evening advanced and my belly got increasingly bigger it became quite evident that the dress was not made for the occasion. Oh well…

I have to say here that I love the Bella Band! Even though my belly is now evidently prominent, I can still wear all my non-pregnant pants to work. I’m hoping to avoid my maternity clothes for a couple more weeks because I know how sick of them I will be by the time this baby is born.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Which reminds me - belly pics???

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Way to go, Super Cool Godmother/SIL!!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    YEAH!! Sounds like you did win the COOL award after all! I am betting you look like 1,000 bucks. Break out those maternity clothes girl. Be PROUD to show it off!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home