Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Two boys


My sister had an ultrasound this afternoon and it seems she is also having a boy. Both ultrasounds, mine and hers, were at 12 weeks so I know it's too early to be absolutely sure. However, there's a good chance that we are going to have two boys!

I'm happy about this for several reasons.
First because these two will obvisouly be good friends, they will grow up together and being of the same gender will help make that relationship even stronger.
But I'm also happy because R will be the princess for a while longer. She is an only child and an only grandchild and, to be honest, I'm worried about the impact that having a sibbling and a cousin at the same time will have in her life. If she is the only girl, she will still be special. I know she will always be special, no matter what, but I just feel better this way. Hopefully she will have a sister later on.

So today is a good day! Two healthy little boys are on the way!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Congratulations to you and your sister on your beautiful little boys.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Rock on, dahling, rock on!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    YEAH to Boys!!! Boys are wonderful! R will love them both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home