Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Much Ado About Nothing

aaa
I had my OB appointment today.
She went through the ultrasound report and looked at the pictures and said everything looked great. She said the fact that the placenta was low was most likely nothing to worry about and that it should move up by itself in the next few weeks. She did however confirm that I am to take it easy for awhile, avoid picking up weights, avoid intercourse and heavy exercising.

She never even mentioned the nuchal translucency result. I asked her about it and she said it is within the normal range and everything is fine. And that was it. No talk about cromossomal abnormalities or invasive testing or anything. How about that hun?!

I've lost the weight I gained while in the states (too much ice-cream) and I'm exactly at the same weight I was at 8 weeks (116 lbs). She was happy about that and so was I! We heard the heartbeat with the doppler and everything looked good. And that was it.

I will have my next ultrasound at 22 weeks.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Very excellent news, an all-clear! YEY! Now behave.

    (Your Portie readership might appreciate weight in Kgs also, since that's how we know what the world weighs. Thank you.)

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    You are absolutely right, shame on me! It's 53 kgs.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Most excellent report on the little one! I'm glad to hear you had such a great vacation and I do have to say that its a good thing you are such a sweet, wonderful person because otherwise I think I could really work up some hatred for you being such a skinny thing (just kidding).

    Thank you so much for all the support you've offered me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home