Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, December 03, 2004

It's where I spend most of my days

R is doing much better now and I am back to work.
Have a mentioned my job before? I work in the Mergers and Acquisitons department of an Investment Bank. The title that shows up in my business cards is Assistant Manager (ou Assistente de Direcção nos cartões em português). But I basicly do the same thing I did when my title was Analyst. I do make more money now though.
I like my job, really. I love the thrill of actually completing a transaction, which only happens about 3 or 4 times a year. I also like it that I get to know several companies in depth and that each project is diferent. I love my boss and I go along pretty well with everyone else in my office.
But the best part of it is that I walk to work every morning, after walking R to daycare, and I get to go home for lunch whenever I don't have other plans. Since walking is the only exercise I do this is a major pro of this job.
Most of the time I can leave at 6.30 pm, but occasionally I have to work real long hours and even work on weekends but overall I am pretty lucky I guess. And the way this country is going I should be counting my blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home