Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

My baby is sick

R is sick. I wasn't taking it seriously, I thought it was just a cold, but my Mom made me take her to the ped. I hate it when my Mom is right and puts on that "I told you so" smile. She went on and on about how she has raised two kids and had been doing this for over 25 years, and I had asthma so she know exactly how it is blah, blah, blah

But I digress. As I was saying she is sick, she has a respiratory infection and is on antibiotics and aerosols for 10 days. She has never been sick before and in almost two years she never had any medicine. I was really reluctant to giving her the antibiotics - I mean that is why I made the HUGE sacrifice of breastfeeding her right?? - but I have to admit she will probably not get better without them.

I know this sounds like a chiché but it breaks your heart to see your child in pain. She cries when she coughs because her chest hurts and I cry because my heart hurts.
Thanks God tomorrow is a holiday here and I get to spend the day with her.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Thanks Michelle, she is doing much better. I miss you, I hope you come back soon.

    Love
    Ana

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Oh, poor R! Glad she's better already (Blogger's been giving me grief, don't you just love it?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home