Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, November 19, 2004

Tenho saudades

My husband and I are going to spend the weekend on a spiritual retreat here.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can you imagine a better place for a retreat?
Our daughter is going to stay with my parents, which means doing whatever she wants, eating all kinds of crap and going to bed at scandalous hours.
We really need this weekend away by ourselves but I’m feeling a bit guilty because this week I never got home from work before 8 pm and I only saw my R. an average of 2 hours a day. My dahling mother picked her up from daycare every day this week. No wonder she calls her Mom sometimes, poor kid.
I love my work and can’t imagine being a stay-at-home mom but I wish there were decent part-time jobs here. I’m missing so much of R’s childhood … and I miss her so much.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I will update my chart tomorrow morning before we leave (the retreat only starts tomorrow at 9 am and it's only 30 minutes from our house so we are only going tomorrow). On Sunday I will update it at night. See I am good to my friends who obsess with me :)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    OTOH, she is gaining a variety of social exposure and experiences that will soon be useful tools. I know what you are saying and it'd kill me too but she will come out alright. The parents, well - they ARE supposed to suffer aren't they. ;) Hope you come back refreshed, cleansed and ready for more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home