Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Thursday, November 25, 2004

I will disconnect my phone now.

I am at the office, swamped in work and my twin sister (the lawyer) calls:

Her: Ana, can you calculate with Excel?

Me: Excuse me?

Her: Can you calculate with Excel?

Me: What do you mean, can you caculate? (getting irritated now)

Her: I mean the number I am trying to enter in my calculator is too long. Can I do it in Excel?

Me: Of course you can you dumb ass (ok so I didn't actually call her that but I should have).

Her: Ok, what do I do?

Me: Write the number in a cell...

Her: how?

Me: Can you see the numbers on your keyboard? That's how (by now I knew this would take time and I would be late to get R from daycare) Now push the plus or minus key.

Her: I want to multiply

Me: So multiply

Her: Were's the multiplying key?

Me: Next to the minus key. ...

Her: That's a "little star" (she literally said that)

Me: That's the one...

Ok, I will stop now because this took over 20 minutes...to do two simple operations. What can I say about this, the woman is a lawyer for crying out loud! I'm exausted.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    Yes, twin sisters are never-ending sources of entertainment!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    o be fair, Excel is a pain when you are starting. I've always wanted a twin BROTHER and used to nag my parents incessantly. Alas, couldn't be done...

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    BAT'S HERE, JULIE HAD HER BABY!!!

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    were did you see that?? I can't find anything!!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    Tertia posted for her and has been giving us updates. Bat is fine, 1,4 kg and 9/9 APGAR, already at room air, V V GOOD. Julie was v ill with HELLP but is recovering and wiseassy as ever.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Ana said…

    I've seen it thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home