Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Family problems

Today I am sad because I am having family problems.

I have two families, you know. I have one family right here in Lisbon, who I adore and couldn't live without, and I have a second family that is al over the US and Canada.
My second family is a strange one. It only has women and small children, we meet daily in a very special place and most of us wouldn't recognize each others voice (thank God they don't know how bad my english really is).
My second family has been my rock through the rough times. They've supported me since I lost the baby in a way my first family didn't (with a few honorable exceptions). They sent me flowers and gifts from all across the ocean, they pray for me (I know they do) and they light candles for my baby (if not real candles, I know they light candles in their hearts) and they are anxious for the day I show them a picture of the positive HPT. They even check my chart and know where I am in my cycle... that's how much they love me. They really make a diference in my life.

Today my second family had a big fight. Things were said I never thought I would hear and some of the people I love were hurt. I don't really understand how it started or why it couldn't be stopped in time... I don't think it started today and I don't think it will die today.
I will have to part from my family for awhile. Even if "awhile" is just a few days. Sometimes you have to get away from the people you love in order to keep the friendship intact and that is what I have to do. I am secretly hoping nothing important happens in their lifes until I return so I won't miss the opportunity to congratulate them or hug them. They will be in my heart always.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ana said…

    Michelle, I am sorry you were hurt yesterday. It is so obvious that what was said and done would make you feel left out, I am having a hard time understanding why.
    I wish I had the chance to meet you in person.

    Love
    Ana

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Lioness said…

    I'm sorry both of you are hurting, it sounds as though you have more than enough on your plate already and don't need the extra grief. Here's to your feeling better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home