Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, April 18, 2008

Update


I’m sorry for the lack of updates. It has been a complicated couple of weeks.

After we went to the ER and they decided she would have to have surgery to remove the lump, we scheduled an appointment for the 17th (yesterday) and they told us the surgery would be scheduled for shortly after that. I called my ped and asked her if she thought we should have the surgery in a private hospital, which would probably be much sooner than through the public hospital, and she said no. She said she trusts the public hospital and the doctors working there much more than those “hotels” (her words obviously).

Well, we patiently waited for the appointment and I went there with her yesterday. After waiting for 4 hours in what closely resembled a refugee camp, the doctor finally saw us, only to ask me to sign a consent form and tell me that they will call me with a surgery date in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I almost died. The minute I left that place I called the “hotel” and scheduled an appointment with a pediatric surgeon for next Wednesday. We have decided that whichever hospital can schedule the surgery sooner gets the job. My money is on the private.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH, good wishes. It doesn't sound serious if they didn't treat it as such.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    OH dear, this is scary and very worrisome. I'll be praying that everything does well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home