Lisbon Mama

A portuguese mom parenting two

Friday, February 22, 2008

Withdrawal


Things are kinda slow at work. This should be good news, taking into consideration how swamped I have been for the past year or so. And sometimes, during those busiest days, I actually longed for a day when I had nothing to do.

But it was just because I didn’t remember what it was like anymore. I absolutely hate not having anything to do. I would trade a day like this for one of those when I don’t even have time to eat, anytime!

Anyway, it’s that time of year again (Lent, I mean), and I have been chocolate-less for 17 days. I swear I am going through some kind of withdrawal here. I’ve had a headache for 4 days straight now, the kind I usually get when I don’t drink coffee before 9 am. I’m seriously convinced it’s the lack of chocolate. Which means it will last for another 30 days. If I don’t get busy soon, this is going to be a bad month. And I hate it that I won’t get to drink a nice cup of hot chocolate at the end of an exhausting day spent skiing.

Oh well I shouldn’t complain right? It kinda loses it’s meaning if I complain. So I’m done complaining.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no! Chocolate deprivation is the worst! Hang in there!

    BTW... What happened with the school interview?

    -Michelle

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger L said…

    Well, I, for one, I'm kind of glad that you're less busy at work because you're blogging again after a looooong hiatus! :)

    I'm sorry about the headache and the withdrawal, though. Only 30 more days. And I guess you're officially a workaholic then, right? (and I'm the world's biggest slacker because I love days when I have to "do nothing" ... of course I still have to care for the kids, feed them, etc... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home